The full day seminar below, sponsored by the Mardyke Arena may be of interest.
“Exploring Autism from Movement, Health and Wellbeing Perspectives”.
When: 14th April: Mardyke Arena, Cork.
Duration: 9am to 5pm
Registration/Sign in 8.30-9am.
Opening Welcome: 9am-9.15am.
HSE Representative address: 9.15am -9.30am.
Keynote 1: 9.30am-10.15am: Dr Judith Miles, Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Dept of Child Health Care, University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia,MO. Dr Miles will address health related issues especially that of catatonia of autism.
Keynote 2: 10.15am-10.45am. Prof David Sugden, University of Leeds, UK: Prof Sugden will address issues of autism, impairment and education.
Keynote 3: 11.15am-11.45am: Ms Jean O’Hanlon, Wellbeing and Mindfulness Coach: Jean will explore issues of Wellbeing and mindfulness for all.
Keynote 4: 11.45am-12.15am. Dr Susan Crawford, UCC:Autism and Movement Soecialist. Susan will explore How to “Get Autism Active” Lunch: 12.30-1.15pm
- 1.30pm: Workshop 1: Proprioceptive stretching programme: feeling the stretch.
- 2pm: Workshop 2: Addressing skills of running, jumping, hopping.
- 2.30pm: Workshop 3: Addressing skills of catching, throwing, striking.
- 3pm: Workshop 4: Addressing stability and balance
- 3.30pm: Workshop 5: Self care and mindful minding: The happiness workshop.
- 4.00pm: coffee
- 4.30pm: Q&A, Feedback, evaluation.
- 5pm: Launch Get Autism Active/Get Autism Aware Online resource and programmes: www.GetAutismActive.com
To register for this event log onto
Direct link for exhibitors: http://www.getautismactive.
com/product/exhibit-at- conference-mardyke-arena-14th- april-2018/
Direct link for delegates: