- Skills are broken down into component parts.
- Repetition is advocated until a skill is acquired.
- Rewards are used to reinforce positive behaviours.
An example of skill breakdown:
- Stand ready to bounce with the ball in one hand
- Step forward with the opposite foot.
- Lean forward
- Hold the ball at your waist
- Bounce the ball.
- Push down hard with your hand
- Repeat each time as the ball comes back
- Try and get the “feel” for the bounce
- There is no need to watch or look at the ball
- Repeat the ball bouncing with rhythm.